Energy & Climate Change Policy
As TAV Airports Holding and Group Companies, we acknowledge our leadership role in driving the environmental transformation of the aviation industry, we recognize our responsibility to develop sustainable solutions to address climate change that threatens our planet. As a requirement of the sustainability principles, which are one of the building blocks of our business strategy, we are committed to taking action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, one of the key environmental risks arising from our operations throughout our value chain.
We will allocate the necessary resources to increase our energy efficiency while maintaining our service quality and upholding our responsibilities regarding climate change. Our main approach to effective energy management and greenhouse gas reduction includes establishing the necessary processes and systems, ensuring their implementation and sustainability.
• Within the scope of effective energy management and combating climate change, we strive to comply with all relevant national and international legal requirements while adhering to the evaluation criteria of international environmental and social standards, such as the IFC Performance Standards, EBRD Performance Requirements, and Equator Principles. In this regard we pledge to; To support policies and commitments by developing solution-oriented projects with international partners to combat climate change,
• To integrate the risks and opportunities related to climate change into our business strategy and decision processes,
• To develop emission inventories for our activities throughout the entire value chain
• Defining and implementing greenhouse gas reduction targets and activities to achieve the Net Zero target with long-term management plans,
• To establish a transparent and open communication channel with all stakeholders regarding our targets, practices, and performance in the fight against climate change,
• To cooperate with all stakeholders in climate change prevention, adaptation and awareness raising efforts,
• To allocate the necessary resources to reduce the amount of energy we use to carry out our activities, to increase our use of renewable energy technologies and our energy efficiency,
• To undertake the necessary measures for the implementation of the ISO 50001 Energy Management System model at all our airports.
We hereby declare and undertake to adhere to these principles.