At TAV Airports Holding and Group Companies, we prioritize and approach Occupational Health and Safety based on our principle of “Our most valuable capital is our human resources”. In this regard, we carry out the necessary studies to identify the hazards that may result in work accidents and occupational diseases, to analyze the risks and opportunities, and to provide a healthy and safe working environment for our employees, passengers and subcontractors.
In line with this approach, we strive to comply with all relevant national and international legal requirements while adhering to the evaluation criteria of international environmental and social standards, such as ILO, the IFC Performance Standards, EBRD Performance Requirements, and Equator Principles. In this regard, we pledge to;
• To create healthy and safe working environments in order to prevent work accidents and occupational diseases,
• To eliminate the dangers and risks identified by risk analysis, field surveillance and near-miss notifications, and in cases where this is not possible, to keep the risks under control with measures that will reduce them to acceptable levels,
• To create performance targets with a zero work accident and occupational disease approach and to ensure continuous improvement by following the realization levels of these targets,
• To guarantee the participation and representation of our employees and other stakeholders in our occupational health and safety processes,
• To create healthy, safe and efficient business processes by increasing the knowledge and skills of our employees through trainings,
• To carry out the necessary activities to increase the awareness of all our stakeholders in order to create a positive occupational health and safety culture,
• To take measures to be prepared for emergencies that will disrupt business continuity and to ensure the regular review of these measures,
• To engage in necessary communication activities in order to understand the needs and expectations of our employees and other stakeholders about occupational health and safety,
• To increase the health, welfare and well-being of employees through initiatives such as preventive medicine, ergonomic and psychosocial risks assessment,
• To ensure the sustainability of occupational health and safety by regularly monitoring and reviewing all occupational health and safety processes and by making use of result-oriented data analysis,
We hereby declare and undertake to adhere to these principles.