We continue building on the firm foundations laid in 1998. Our objective is to further open our doors to the world, to be pioneers in enhancing the standards of our country. Our foremost policy in offering our modern, outstanding, and innovative vision to guests and shareholders is to ensure that:
• Employer/customer requests are directed to the relevant service personnel and that these requests are completely fulfilled,
• Communication channels are established between the employer/customers and subcontractors/shareholders and that this communication is effected flawlessly,
• Modern and efficient methods, technologies, information and management systems are used, and that necessary research and investments are made,
• The legal arrangements and the obligatory standards of the country where operations are carried out are complied with,
• As a consequence of the analysis and development of work processes, improvement activities are naturally rendered by employees
• TAV will continue its fast and powerful growth in accordance with re-structuring plans. Our doors will continue opening to the world.
Shopping & Dining
See the full range of shops in our shopping universe. At the airport you'll find a great selection of shops within fashion, electronics, design and souvenirs
The visa office is located at the transit area on the arrivals floor of the International Terminal before the passport check points open 7/24.
Lost Property Offices
Phone: (242) 582 71 26 – 7 / (242) 582 74 26 – 7
Each airline has different procedures for domestic animals. You must inquire about this with your airline company. Most airlines do not accept birds and rodents into the cabin. These types of animals may travel in the cargo section of the aircraft. There is a restriction on the number of domestic animals accepted into the cabin.
We recommend passengers to be present at the airport 120 minutes (2 hours) prior to their flight.